Tuesday, July 31, 2012

August 2012 Budget

Ouch.  July has been an expensive month...so I'm really hoping that August will put me back on track with my goals.  If all goes well it should!
Bills (Apartment, Utilities, Cell Phone): 31% on the basics.  This shouldn't change much for the next 6 months...and then we get to reexamine the living situation.  Is it weird that I'm excited by the concept of living in the same apartment for 6 whole months!  I'm sick of moving.  I've moved 16 times in the last 8 years (I just counted, I'm even surprised the number is that high...).
 
Health: Why did I think it was a good idea to schedule my doctor and dentist appointments in the same week?  Oh? What? AND it's the same week I'll have family in town (or was that not the most recent change in plan? Wait, I'm three plans behind?! Oh... )
 
Food: The same as usual. I need to learn more summer meals (aka things that aren't hot).  The only dinner food I know how to make that doesn't involve a stove is salad.  Suggestions?
 
Random:  I will have family in town at the beginning of the month and will be traveling (and taking a WHOLE WEEK OFF!) and visiting other family at the end of the month.  Hopefully this will cover the miscellaneous expenses.

Transportation: Gas, airport shuttle (flying back later than the normal public transportation is open...) whatever else comes up?

Slush Fund: Pretty please, let this happen!  Although I moved three months ago, I still haven't managed to build up the cushion in my slush fund that I would like to have.

Emergency Fund:  Nothing new.

No comments:

Post a Comment